- Read your Event Day Info Pack. This will be emailed to all teams a few weeks prior to event day
- Read the T&Cs. Ensure you have agreed to the Risk Waiver and accepted the T&Cs prior to Event Day or you will not be allowed to participate (most of you agreed to these when you completed your registration)
- Check your start time listed on your Team Dashboard
- Download the MAPS.ME app to your phone for both you and your support crew. Click HERE for instructions to download the app
- Please ensure you have completed your online registration and all your contact (including emergency contact) & medical details are up to date. You can check these on your dashboard account.
60km Event Registration
To make it easier for you, and to ensure you have time to get from Point Nepean to the start, ALL 60km teams MUST register their team and pick up their event bibs THE DAY BEFORE.
WHEN: Thursday 24 May, 4 - 8pm ONLY
WHERE: The Stables, Point Nepean Quarantine Station Visitors Carpark, Portsea
WHO: You can nominate a team member to register on behalf of the team and pick up your event bibs.
30km Event Registration
WHEN: 30km teams have 2 options:
1.Thursday 24 May, 4 - 8pm OR
2.Friday 25 May, teams can register 75 minutes before your start wave. See event info pack for further details closer to event day.
WHERE: The Stables, Point Nepean Quarantine Station Visitors Carpark, Portsea
WHO: Team member(s) register and pick up the team's event bibs.
NOTE that ALL teams (60k & 30k) will be transported from Point Nepean to their relevant event starts. Main thing to note is that although the starts are at either Cape Schanck (60k) or Koonya (30k)most of you will start your Event Day at Point Nepean Quarantine Station.
- Each team member will have a unique bib & timing chip so make sure you are wearing the correct bib!
- Any last minute team member changes need to be done at the Team Change Desk.
- If you arrive after your wave registration is closed you will be asked to start in the next wave.
- You cannot change events or start waves.
- Once registered and ready to go please make your way to the Shuttle Bus pick up area (it will be signposted).
- There will be NO parking and limited car access at the Event Starts at Cape Schanck or Koonya – take the shuttle bus to your start.
Melbourne Coastrek has different start waves from sunrise. When the team captain registers they'll have a choice to select the available start wave times for your event. All nominated team members are automatically given the start wave selected by their team captain. To see your start time, log in to your dashboard online where your start time is listed.
All nominated team members are automatically given the start wave selected by their team captain. To see your start time, log in to your dashboard online where your start time is listed.
60km event start waves: 6.00am, 6.15am, 6.30am
30km event start waves: every 15 minutes from 10am onwards (last Start Wave at 11.30am)
Please start at the time that your team has been allocated, and not attempt to start in an earlier wave. If you are late on event day for your allocated start time your team will be moved to the next available start.
We are providing shuttle buses to take you from the Registration area/Finish line at Point Nepean Quarantine Station to the Event Start Lines at Cape Schanck (60km) and Koonya (30km).
The great thing is you will be able to park your team car on Jarman Oval which is only a short walk from the Bus / Registration area. Then you will be bussed to the relevant start line. How awesome is that! Once you’ve finished and celebrated at the finish line, you will be able to comfortably get home & put your feet up for a well-deserved rest.
The relevant bus times will be sent to you in the lead up to the event.
You should aim to be self-sufficient during Coastrek as we will supply only basic light refreshments at the staffed Luv ♥ Stops. Plan to carry enough food to cover hourly snacks to keep you topped up while you walk, then get additional supplies at cafes along the way (during normal business hours). If you have support crew they can carry food for you and have it waiting for you when you meet them!
We require you each to carry a hydration pack with a 2-litre capacity bladder and a 600ml bottle for mixing electrolytes if used. Water stations will be available along the route at the Luv ♥ Stops and there are taps at other locations and shops to purchase water. BUT remember your safety is your responsibility – be prepared to expect the unexpected!
Details on food, drink and services at Luv ♥ Stops will be available closer to the event.
There are staffed Checkpoints, otherwise known as Luv ♥ Stops, on the 60k & 30k routes. At these points, you will be required to step over the timing strip to register the chip on your bib. You must present the whole team together at these stops. Please see your Event Day Info Pack or online digital map legend for your Luv Stop locations.
Yes! For morale and safety reasons, teams must start together, travel together and finish together. T.E.A.M = Together Everyone Achieves More!
For us to help take good care of you, you MUST contact the Coastrek HQ (contact number on your bib) immediately if you or any team member are withdrawing. Failure to do so means your team will not be eligible for an official placing in the results and we will send out a search party for you, which could be embarrassing. If a team member gets injured, take them to the nearest hospital or to an open Luv Stop if they need First Aid. If a team member cannot be moved, one person must stay with him/her while the other goes for help.
In case of emergency (e.g. serious injury, breathing difficulty, bushfire) you must call 000. If you have a non-urgent medical issue, please contact the First Aid Team (the contact number will be on your bib) and they will assist.
If your team is reduced to one member during the day, they must link up with another team and walk with at least two other registered trekkers, for safety purposes.
You will be able to meet your Support Crew as many times as you like along the route, when it is safe to do so. Support Crew will also be able to meet you at other times/locations in an emergency or when a team member is withdrawing. Support Crew CANNOT transport you along the route by vehicle, unless you have withdrawn from the event.
Finalise where you will meet your support crew before event day. Some places along the route such as conservation areas are inaccessible to meet your support crew.
Please DO NOT arrange to meet your support crews at:
- 60k Event: Luv ♥ Stop 2 – Koonya (road closure).
- Both Events: Portsea Luv Stop and Kiss Stop - Fort Nepean as this is right out at the Point and on Parks Victoria land and closed to traffic.
- There is NO support crew access to meet teams along Defence Rd (teams will be walking on Butlers Track on event day away from the road)
Where to meet your support crew along the route (as long as it’s within 200m of the course and SAFE to do so). We suggest:
- WE Netwon Reserve (down the road from Portsea hotel)
- London bridge car park (the last place support crews will be able to meet teams) or any surf club car park along the Coastrek route.
As this is a fundraising event, the major prizes are awarded by The Fred Hollows Foundation to the top fundraisers.
Top fundraising team: each team member gets a bespoke 9ct gold piece of jewelry (pendant or cufflinks for men) from Larsen Jewellery valued at $1,000 each.
Fun-See-Dress: Best team costume wins!
Other Prizes and Awards
Official results will be available on the website within 24 hours. All participants who successfully complete their event will receive a Coastrek medal on the day! A digital Team Certificate will be available online after the event. As an Eco-Friendly event we will not be distributing paper certificates on the day.
While Coastrek is NOT A RACE, we acknowledge & provide certificates to teams who finish fastest in each event category, and who have followed these conditions:
- Start at the correct time with all 4 team members registered;
- Raise a minimum of $500 for The Fred Hollows Foundation per team member
- Cross the Timing Strip at each Luv ♥ Stop and at South Head as a complete team of 4
- Follow the specified route –as depicted on the digital map
- Finish with the same 4 team members you started with
Note: If you finish with less than 4 people in your team, you can still receive a finish time, medal, and online certificate but you are not eligible for a line honours placing.
Teams will be notified once the results have been confirmed.
We rely on the integrity of each team to participate in the true spirit of Coastrek and raise $500 per team member, as well as complete the route as marked on the day.